Bean Recipes for a Budget-Friendly Meal - Attainable Sustainable®

If you’re stocking up on dry beans, these recipes may come in handy! What’s your favorite way to cook with dry beans?

1 Like

Beans are great when one wants to cook for a large crowd, or to cover a long period of time when one doesn’t want to cook! I find that tomatoes- including the juice- garlic, onions, salt, pepper, and ham or beef are tasty and filling.

This one is about as basic as it gets. It’s cheap to make, too, maybe around $1.25 per serving!

1 Like

Tried this recipe with dried navy beans recently. I cooked them ahead in the Instant Pot, then added. You can come up with your own variations. Add some tomatoes, herbs of your choice, maybe a little bacon, pancetta or prosciutto and you’ve got some super tasty beans. Adding spinach or chard is great too. I think any white bean will do - includes flageolets. https://howtofeedaloon.com/sauteed-white-beans-garlic-sage-tomatoes/

1 Like

I’ve been using kidney and black beans along with tomatoes, onions, corn, spices and optional shredded chicken breast to make Chicken Taco Soup in the instapot. Delicious and filling. Weight Watcher friendly, too, if anyone is interested in that.

1 Like